At mile 17 my good bud Carrie AKA Care Bear (who has run 10 marathons herself) met me to run to the finish. I was so glad to see her. She has a Garmin and is a great pacer and always has something good to say...Just for the record Care I only put my music in because I didn't want to hear myself breathing loud towards the end. Promise.
Every time the girls saw me, they would run with me. It was so fun to have them there. Little stinkers. They met me at the finish and ran across the line with me. I will post the video of it if I can figure it out.
So to wrap the day up, I felt better overall by far this marathon than I did at SLC in April. My legs started cramping up really bad the last mile and a half. Bad enough that I had to keep stopping. I literally could not run! I tried to stop my calves from cramping by streatching and the front of my leg would cramp. It bit. I actually never got the I really want to be done and walk feeling. My time was about the same time as it was in SLC, but I was smiling and walking around instead of barfing in the medic tent. I plan on running a little more before my next marathon :)
3 comments:
Yeah Holly!! We all admire you. Glad you enjoyed the race, even though the cramping sucks! Your girls will have good memories watching their mom.
Whatever! Marathons are fun! And so is childbirth! You did awesome, despite the cramping there at the end. I felt so bad... but you still kicked butt. And don't worry, I understand if Jon Bon Jovi is more motivating to you than me. Halleluja baby!
I am so jealous. You amaze me. I want to be you. I am pretty sure I was not born with the "genes" therefore making it more and more difficult to fit into my JEANS!!! You have inspired me. I am saving up for some special bike shorts they say I need for spinning class and I am going to get off the eliptical (which is clearly not working) and shake it up a bit. Thanks for being my Nike commercial cause I'm going to "just do it". :)
Post a Comment