I got a phone call from my brother Ryan saying he was going to run the TOU marathon. I got a wild hair and decided I would "try" to run it with him...at least ride the bus up with him. Boston was about a month old. I hadn't run for 4 months, so I knew it would be interesting to say the least. I waited my 6 weeks and jumped right in. I couldn't run a mile on my first run, but quickly built up the mileage. I went from 8 miles on my long run to 12 to 14 and eventually 20. I had about 8 weeks to train. I was shocked at how quickly my endurance built up. I was slow but steady! My good friend Maika ran my 20 milers with me which made it so much better. I finished in 3:51 which was a new PW for me, but I felt great!
I had no time goals at all, I just wanted to have fun. It turned out to be a blast thanks to Paige and Kristy who I ran with the whole time. We took our time and chit-chatted the whole way. It was the most fun I have ever had in a marathon.
My bother was a super-star in his first ever marathon. He was rearing and ready to go the first mile and I knew I couldn't run with him! He ran awesome. It was so much fun to have him here and to ride the bus up with him and wait in the porta-pot lines and be nervous together. We had a great cheering squad as well.
The annual TOU family shot. Brooke 7, Kylie 5, Jace 3, and Boston 3 months.
No comments:
Post a Comment