This was a crazy week. First off, we really missed Ty as he was in Pendleton for Ardythe Wood's funeral. A wonderful woman and good family friend. Ty headed out on Wednesday. I talked my little brother into staying here with us to keep us safe :) Good thing because I would have had a heart attack the night the big furry cat came scratching at my door...I had made plans to do a triathlon this same weekend so we decided to make a girls night out. Brooke, Sierra and I headed down to Orem and met up with my Sis Jeni and her family for a yummy dinner. After dinner we spent the night swimming in the hotel pool then watching movies and eating junk food. It was so fun.
I'm gonna throw this out there...I want to do an ironman triathlon. I have wanted to do one since I watched my first one about 10 years ago. I had just decided I could never swim. I took my first swim lesson in July. Freaked me out. I have been really trying to pick it up. It's coming slowly...I thought I would try a tri since I can actually swim all the way across the pool.

Quick race recap. The triathlon was a 5k run first. It took me 20:49. I felt really good. Bike 10 miles. It took me 28:42. I still felt really good. Swim 300. It took me 10:07. That was horrible...I couldn't get my swim cap on first off. Ever tried putting a latex cap on dry hair? My timing chip came off in the water. It just bit. I couldn't swim to save my life. People were swarming past me. Thank goodness for water running, backstroke, and the wall...
The weekend finished up with dinner with friends and an Office party watching the best of the best from The Office re-runs. It was great!
8 comments:
Wow Holly...you never cease to amaze me. You're quite the athlete. It was good seeing Ty and his family at Ardythe's Funeral. She was a wonderful person. Talk to you later.
Sounds like you are too hard on yourself. I did enjoy your swimming though. I think you might have invented something new.
I so loved the video. Not everyone can say they try every kind of competetion, but what an example you are to the rest of us. We changed our link, so I am leaving ayou a message so you can change our link.
Hi Holly! How are you? I haven't seen you since High school. Your kids are darling. I hope you don't mind, but I added you to my friends list.
Great job! If anyone I know could do an Ironman, it would be you. Keep it up.
sweet, your doing so well! hey, that group Moab trip looked AWESOME! Thats when I start missing Utah :)
Holly,
I need your email to add you to our blog. Will you send that to me at mitchbogle@juno.com
Thanks! Swimming is my week spot also. That's great that you're doing it. I'm to chicken at this point to take the swim lesson and learn. For now I'm just pounding away at my joints doing marathons. Maybe eventually I'll wise up.
Holly, why are you so dang ambitious. Will you come and live with me and rub off on me??? WHat if I offer free swimming lessons for a week? WOuld you come and stay with me???
Post a Comment