Monday, March 14, 2011

Brooke's First Piano Recital

Brooke has been playing the piano now for about 6 months. My sweet step-mom Carolyn is her teacher. She is an amazing teacher and piano player herself. It has been so fun to see how she has progressed. We started with a keyboard that we had had for years in our storage room. I decided to dust it off one day and found that this random adapter I had worked for it. Grandma Carolyn was staying over at our house one night when Brooke had a meltdown to say the least. Grandma pulled her aside and took her into the front room and gave her her very first piano lesson. (it calmed her right down :)) I hadn't even thought of starting lessons, but grandma said she was ready. I was soooooooo excited. I LOVE the piano. Grandma Carolyn is amazing to teach her. Sometimes over the phone, but it works great.
Brooke's first recital was so fun. She was super nervous, but did great.
Grandma and Grandpa Jensen were there supporting like always :).
Grandpa and Grandma Burton don't miss anything :).
The whole family.
Brooke and Grandma's duet.

No comments: